Friday, January 06, 2012

Things I Love - Friday 6th January

The site The Most Expensive Picture.  Photographers pay $1 extra each day for the site to feature one of their pictures.  Currently they're paying over $100.  A great idea for a site.



This collection of Least Helpful Reviews on Amazon.  Great idea for a blog, too.

Also, separately, I loved this review for the film Days of Glory, where the writer marks the film down for being subtitled:

I was shocked when I played film it was not in ENGLISH it was in French ; Arabic with Subtitles English that's I've given why four stars Amazon as it ENGLISH I'd buy book if I wanted a read. Good film thugh

Funny in a different way is PG Wodehouse's The Inimitable Jeeves, which I'm reading for the first time since I was a teenager.


This passage is perfect; Bertie has just been visited by someone called Cyril Bassington-Bassington:

"I've never heard of him. Have you ever heard of him, Jeeves?"
"I am familiar with the name Bassington-Bassington, sir. There are three branches of the Bassington-Bassington family - the Shropshire Bassington-Bassingtons, the Hampshire Bassington-Bassingtons, and the Kent Bassington-Bassingtons."
"England seems pretty well stocked up with Bassington-Bassingtons."
"Tolerably so, sir."
"No chance of a sudden shortage, I mean, what?"

The Stickygram service.  Get your Instagram pics turned into fridge magnets.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails